Location: Bristol, UK
Employment Type: Full-time
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
StorMagic is a UK HQ’d software-defined storage company disrupting the traditional storage market by making the complex simple. Our product, SvSAN simplifies storage at the edge by enabling simple, affordable hyperconverged infrastructure for large and small enterprises. Launched in 2010, StorMagic SvSAN has replaced traditional storage solutions in North America, Europe and Asia across a wide range of vertical industries.
Our growing community of over 1,000 customers have deployed from one to thousands of sites. They are typically large enterprises with business-critical IT systems at the edge and SMEs simply wanting to lower the cost and complexity of their IT systems. Customers include major brands such as The Home Depot, Unilever, Bayer, Lockheed Martin and United Healthcare as well as countless SMB, local government and education organizations.
We’re looking to accelerate our revenue growth and customer acquisition through an expansion of our events strategy. Can you help us?
Overview of the role
StorMagic is recruiting an Events Manager to support the global sales and marketing teams. We are looking for someone to own the organization and management of all events that StorMagic participates in. This ranges from single day local events, up to full week international trade shows around the world in locations such as New York, Barcelona and San Francisco.
The role is responsible for building the overall global events strategy for the company, recommending which shows to attend and building the budget and overall plan.
Additionally, you will arrange every detail of each event, working with the rest of the marketing team to produce materials, as well as arranging the travel and accommodation of the team attending, and ensuring the event runs smoothly as part of the on-site team.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Event planning and scheduling – working with the sales and marketing teams, you will curate and manage a full calendar of events, ensuring each one is adequately prepared in advance. This includes details such as any signage or booth preparations as well as pre- and post-event promotion.
- On-site event management – you will ensure each event runs smoothly, making sure schedules are adhered to, the team operates professionally and efficiently, help in spreading the StorMagic message and collecting leads from potential new customers. The role will require travel to some (not all) events around the world.
- Organising travel and accommodation – you will be responsible for organizing the travel and accommodation of all employees travelling to events, working with the sales, marketing and pre-sales teams to identify who will be attending.
- Management of channel activities – you will work with our channel partners to help organize joint-funded activities and events such as dinners, golf days and trade shows and ensure those attending are adequately prepared and have the correct materials and information.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience in event management and organization, including familiarity of standard trade show procedures and protocol
- Excellent attention to detail, organization skills, and a demonstrated ability to manage many projects at one time
- Travel planning: experience in researching and booking travel (air and hotel) with the ability to minimize cost and ensure smooth logistics for all travelers
- Highly proficient with modern tools including, but not limited to, Google Sheets, Docs and Pages, and Microsoft Excel
- Willing and able to travel, specifically to the United States, but also elsewhere
- Willing to work and travel outside traditional office hours, occasionally on weekends
- A highly organized team player with the ability to self-motivate, set your own project schedules, meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Interested in technology; has the capability and desire to learn new products and tools
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Event Management, or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience managing and organizing events, ideally for a technology, B2B company
To apply for any of these positions, please send your CV to email@example.com